Please note that this page has moved.
You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds.
If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.
Once there, you may easily find all posts by using the Search box or the Labels section.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Stuff I Get Away With: Denim Shorts

I've had these black metallic weave denim shorts by Zara for quite a while, but I can't remember being out and about in them at all. So, one of the still half-chilly mornings I thought, what better way to wake that rebel spirit than a bit of smartness injected right into its opposite, as usual.

This season, jumpers are key, whether smart like this fine-knit thing by H&M, or the kind of sweat top with some huge cartoon character or animal motif, try and work them - or, as in my case, re-work them - into your wardrobe.

This shorts-and-jumper combo looks its best with a printed shirt and tights. For some reason, plain pieces just don't seem to mould into the right outfit these days...

Finally, the more legs you show, the more self-conscious you tend to be wearing heels, so I suggest flats or your lowest block heels for an easy, natural look. Here I'm wearing velvet Anglomania-style flat ankle boots to increase the fun factor, but simple knee-high pull-ons, lace-ups, calf-length boots or something very plain combined with knee (or over-the-knee) socks should work just as well with shorts.

p.s. I got away fine with this outfit but won't be pushing my luck...



Jumper and shirt: H&M, shorts: Zara (TRF), tights: New Look, boots: Shellys

No comments:

Post a Comment