Please note that this page has moved.
You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds.
If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.
Once there, you may easily find all posts by using the Search box or the Labels section.

Thursday 13 December 2012

Don't You Step On My Purple Suede, Err, Stuff

For part 2 of the purple-bordeaux-burgundy-oxblood-whatever series, I definitely wanted to give my suede shorts a little style-up - I bought them in the sales sometime early this year and, even though I love them, the poor babies have not made it outside the house yet.

The shorts would lend themselves well to 1970s styling, hence the hat and the big scarf. But the point was to pull together a current outfit featuring these Miss Selfridge shorts and make myself comfortable in it, to the point where I could imagine it as office-wear. 

Not sure if I succeeded but I'll give it that much, the shorts and the  tights would be great together as part of any total purple look.

Now, I realise the knitted halterneck top, with its two pinky lilac hues, seems a little too sweet or the wrong kind of matchy-matchy. Believe me, I did my wardrobe research, and found that none of the more now pieces clicked the way this top did. Empirical evidence over fashion fascism.

To make the shorts work in winter weather, all you need is a full length coat (worn open, and preferably with heaps of fur trims) and knee-high leather or suede platform boots, chunky and slightly worn in. The verdict: stripped of the fancy dress factor, the look might just cut it in an office somewhere - I'm just yet to find that office.


suede shorts and contrast lapel blazer: Miss Selfridge, knitted top: Mango,
suede wedges and wool hat: New Look, scarf: vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment