Please note that this page has moved.
You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds.
If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.
Once there, you may easily find all posts by using the Search box or the Labels section.

Saturday 1 December 2012

We Are The Kids Now

If I can wear kids' stuff, you can, too. And don't let them tell you not to.

Ever since I started browsing girls's clothes to give my niece the gift of extra coolness, I've been flirting with the idea of filling a shopping basket there.

Interestingly enough, this affair also started with a gift I received - a voucher, to be exact. I popped into continental cheap & chic C&A but seemed to find nothing that sort of had my name on it. But only until I wandered there long enough to spot their best-kept secret, the girls' line.

Among about a dozen different designs of retro-style graphic jersey dresses, I settled for this one with spots and button detail. I love to layer up for winter but find it quite hard to do with style, so you can imagine my joy when I bumped into a rack of soft cotton biker jackets.

Now, about sizing. The A-line minidress was a perfect fit in my size (158cm/5'2"), but since dress sizes go all the way up to 176cm (5'9"), you can't say this candy store is only open to kids and petites. As for the biker, I did not want or need a proper jacket, only a layering alternative of a warm, snug little cardi, so I went down a whole dual size (to 146/152) to get the right fit. Going down a couple of sizes when needed is a kind of heaven in itself, something I can only do in the kids' corner. Now for the layering story - just peek below.

retro dress: C&A, ankle boots: Asos,
ribbed elastic long-sleeve tee: charity shop

dress and soft biker cardigan: C&A,
ankle boots: Asos, mini-satchel: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment